Thursday, July 25, 2013

25th July 2013

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for Victoria over the past few days. As some of you already know Victoria has been back in hospital since Tuesday night this week, with high temperatures, cause is unknown. Her temperature is stable today, but she is still not back to the joyful Victoria we know and love.

A very big thank you to my sister who has extended her visit from New Zealand to look after the other children at home. Thus giving Ken's parents and our friends some respite! 

Every Thursday fortnight Camp Quality and the hospital social worker for families with kids with cancer put on a yummy morning tea for the parents with kids currently in the J1 ward. The morning tea was on this morning. It was a blessing to leave the hospital room and chat with some of the other parents. It is always confronting to listen to what the other parents are experiencing with their children, however at the same time supportive as we all have some understanding as to what each other is going through.

On Tuesday morning as I was doing my devotions I was reading John 6:4-5 from The Message bible:

When Jesus looked out and saw that a large crowd had arrived, he said to Philip, "Where can we buy bread to feed these people?" He said this to stretch Philip's faith. He already knew what He was going to do.

As I read this scripture, the last part of the passage, 'He already knew what He was going to do' really spoke to my heart. I felt that God was telling me that He already knows the outcome with Victoria's health, and I am to rest in that truth. The situation is not 'out-of-control'. 

How necessary it was for me to have that assurance in my heart prior to coming to hospital late Tuesday night. Once again I am so grateful to have a God who is the creator of the universe, and yet so interested in our individual well-being.

Please pray that Victoria's health will continue to improve. 







No comments: