Tuesday, September 10, 2013

10th September 2013

Victoria has remained well since having chemo last week, week 3 in the 4 week program. Over the past 3 months, it has been after the week 3 treatment that Victoria has ended up in hospital with high temperatures, so we are very grateful that this has not been the case this past week. 


Before the chemotherapy last week, Victoria had some new night boots made. She chose 'green' and 'gold' !

We had great fun on Fathers Day and Ken's birthday which were one and the same day this year. All home and well, well enough to get out on Mistral 2 for the afternoon ....


A very different picture to the same time last year when Victoria was in hospital. Again we are ever so much more grateful for these precious moments together as a family.

Yesterday was Marshall's birthday, and he wanted to have Domino's pizza for dinner. When the pizza's arrived, guess whose photo and story was on the box topper - Victoria's - advertising the Starlight Children's Foundation movie month, a fundraising event, please click on this link if you want to find out about how you can participate and help raise money for this wonderful charity, from which our family has greatly benefited.

It is amazing the difference it has made to us all not having had Victoria in hospital for over three weeks. For me, I feel that I am not in "catch up" mode around the house and with the other children, as has pretty much been the case for the past three months. We are praying that between now and the end of October when the treatment finishes that Victoria will indeed continue to be well.

We give God the praise and glory for His continual hand on our family, in every area of our lives.

Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications. The Lord is my Strength and my [impenetrable] Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise Him. The Lord is their [unyielding] Strength, and He is the Stronghold of salvation to [me] His anointed. Save Your people and bless Your heritage, nourish and shepherd them and carry them forever. Psalm 28:6-9 (AMP)

Please continue to pray that Victoria will remain well, and the next scan on 22nd October will give a good report. Many many thanks.





No comments: