Saturday, November 1, 2014

Memories, Anxieties and Love


The countdown is on! I found Victoria in her room the other night accessing teddy's port, getting her ready for the scan on Monday. This is the very same teddy bear, given to Victoria by a Great Aunt, that was used by the wonderful play therapist at John Hunter Hospital, Veronica, to explain the steps of the 'port accessing' procedure to Victoria in July 2012.

What a faithful teddy!  And what a faithful God we have. It has now been just over 12 months since Victoria stopped chemotherapy treatment. She continues to thrive in every area of her life, physically, emotionally, academically, socially and spiritually.


Same smile, same zest for life despite all the challenges she has had to face. We are so very grateful for this treatment free 12 months, which has brought restoration, not only for Victoria but for our entire family. We have a faithful God.

The anxieties of a couple of weeks ago, in relation to the MRI on Monday, have almost completely gone. Praise God. Time spent meditating on scriptures, praying and worshiping have all been key strategies in dealing with the anxieties. During this time, God spoke specifically to me about how He carries us. If you are feeling like you need to be carried at the moment, please have a read on my God Girl Blog - Carry them forever

The lovely distraction of a family overnight visit to Sydney courtesy of the Starlight Children's Foundation has also helped reduced the anxiety. What a blessing to walk along Manly Beach as the sun is rising. The beach and ocean looked stunning.



For the majority of the walk I sang praises to God, rejoicing in all He has done and giving thanks for His grace on our lives. By the end of an hour of walking and praising I was literally in tears, overwhelmed with His love for me. As I was walking back past a beach-side cafe, I noticed this sign, which I hadn't seen at the start of the walk, as I was in complete awe of the light and the ocean.



As I read these words, more tears came, as the truth of these words resonated in my heart with what I had just experienced on my walk. God's heart for me and you is nothing but love.

And we know (understand, recognize, are conscious of, by observation and by experience) and believe (adhere to and put faith in and rely on) the love God cherishes for us. God is love, and he who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him. 1 John 4:16 AMP

Thank you for continuing to uphold our family in prayer. We will receive the results of Monday's MRI on Thursday. We continue to choose Jesus as our Rock.

The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. Psalm 18:2 AMP

For anyone interested, the final 2 posts of my writing on Speak Your Mind, have been published on the ABC Open site. In these posts I share strategies to help your children with their emotional health. Please pass the links on to anyone you think may benefit from these strategies.

Part 5 - Helping our children cope with fear and anxiety

Part 6 - Effective family communication and responsibilities




No comments: