Tuesday, June 25, 2013

25th June 2013

The last 48 hours have been very interesting!!! We have experienced the truth of the scripture, The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10v10 (AMP)

The thief had some stealing in mind when on Sunday afternoon Victoria's temperature rose to above 38 degrees, that delightful trigger point for a hospital visit. Ken took Victoria up to the hospital whilst I readied children and things at home for the impending hospital stay. I was trying to hold back the flood of tears that wanted to come, as this unplanned event was likely to impact on my much needed 24 hour break scheduled to commence on Monday morning. 

I had completely forgotten how God had so perfectly made a way for me to have this 24 hours break. I was getting into double-mindedness, will it happen? won't it happen? Rather than trusting that God would make a way through this and there would be abundance.

Sunday night I stayed with Victoria at the hospital. Her neutrofils were good 2.8. Last Thursday they were only 0.7. Victoria's temperature came down and settled all night. Here she is Monday morning ....


 Eating ice-cream for breakfast and ...


Having a jolly old time with the Captain Starlights!

Thank you so much to everyone who prayed for Victoria on Sunday night and Monday morning. When the doctor came around at 10 am she advised that all was well, and Victoria could go home! The plans of the thief had been thwarted once again! Due to Victoria's wellness, I had actually had a wonderful night's sleep in the hospital and a free breakfast!  My little 24 hour break was turning into a 48 hour break! Praise God.

We checked out of Hotel John Hunter as quickly as possible and drove home to get things organised. After taking Victoria to a friend's place I made a bee-line for Merewether Beach for part 2 of my break! The horrendous weather that had been predicted for days still had not arrived, whilst there were some dark clouds, the sun still had the victory!

After lunch, I took the opportunity to do a couple of things I used to do in Sydney when I was single, before marriage and children. I used to walk around the beautiful Eastern Suburb beaches and the Sydney CBD clicking my camera.

It was great to have the time and space to re-live that experience, it a different place, that I am really beginning to love. Please indulge me as I share some of my photos from yesterday.


Looking east from Bar Beach headland


Looking south from Bar Beach headland


Pink flower


Looking north from Bar Beach headland


View from hotel window (how blessed am I???)


Looking east out from Newcastle harbour



Pelican on Newcastle harbour


Tug going past Stockton


Spot the teapot cloud


Structure on wharf


My favourite, piles in the sunlight


Tugs awaiting their next job.

This past 24 hours has been a very restorative time for me, walking, photographing, reading and listening to worship music. Absolute bliss! This morning I awoke at 5.15am and was tempted to turn on the TV to see what the latest news was regarding the  inspirational Nelson Mandela. However, at the prompting of the Holy Spirit, instead I started to read the next chapter of the Catherine Marshall book, Something More. She was talking total relinquishment to God in very area of your life. I then had a break from reading, opened the curtains next to the bed to see the black harbour dotted with lights on wharves and tugs working throughout the night. I turned on my worship music, listened to couple of songs, and then it struck me. 


I was lying at the foot of The Cross, worshiping Jesus, exactly where He wants me to be, total relinquishment.

Thank you to everyone who has made this break possible. It has been a very blessed time for me. I have life in abundance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that Victoria's temperature has come back down, but especially excited to hear that you had a chance to go away and I imagine have some much needed me time......love the photos, especially the teapot cloud.......
Love Always Auntie Michelle

Unknown said...

I love this post. It is great to hear you had some much needed rest time for yourself. Wendy, you are an inspiration to many. Luv katrina

Keasty said...

Glad I found this. I heard you on the radio earlier today. PTL. Take care - granomad.blogspot.com Grahame

Keasty said...

Great blog. Heard you on the radio earlier today. Will now follow.

Grahame (granomad.blogspot.com)

Jessie Ansons said...

Beautiful photos Wendy and what a great idea for a blog! You and your family are so strong. I really enjoyed your piece on ABC Open too!