Tuesday, August 13, 2013

13th August 2013

Last night, at about 9pm, Victoria announced that her leg had some spots on it and it was itchy. I had a look at it and thought, not good! We buzzed the nurse, who buzzed the doctor. The verdict was 'chicken pox'. So it was off to the special isolation room! 

Neither Victoria nor I can leave this room. I had to ask the nurse to make my porridge for me this morning, which she happily did. The nurses wear masks when the come in to see Victoria.

When I was talking to my mum this morning, I said I no longer have any expectations about how each day will go. However on reflection this is not entirely true, I do have one expectation, and that is that God will get us through each day. He has in the past and I believe He will today, and He will in the future. 

The bible verse I read this morning for my devotions provides hope for the day and the future ... Malachi 4:2 But unto you who revere and worshipfully fear My name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in His wings and His beams and you shall go forth and gambol like calves [released] from the stall and leap for you.

We have just seen the oncologist who has confirmed that Victoria has Chicken Pox. At this stage Victoria only has 4 spots on her leg, so hopefully no more will appear. Victoria will be going home this morning, no chemo this week, no school this week and no horse-riding this week. Just at home keeping a very low profile. 

Whilst we were waiting to see the doctor this morning, a friend text me Psalm 91 from The Message Bible, verse 14-16 is a promise I am holding on to ...

"If you'll hold on to me for dear life", says God, "I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!"

Thanks for your continuing prayers and support.



No comments: