Thursday, March 7, 2013

7th March 2013

A picture of grace ...
 


My word for this week is 'grace'. And the scripture, a favourite

But He said to me, My grace (my favour and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore I will all the more gladly glory in my weakness and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! 2 Corinthians 12:9 (AMP)

God has lovingly poured out his grace on me this past week. It has been filled with many tears. I have gone through another period of grieving the expectations of how our family would be at this time and what we would be doing. Tuesday night this week was the worst, in fact as I was crying myself to sleep I cried out to God, "Enough! Tomorrow is the school athletics carnival and I know Victoria won't be able to do some of the activities, but please let her enjoy the day, and please help me to get through the day without any tears!"

In His graciousness, we had the best day at the carnival. Victoria participated in what she could, and when she couldn't her loving gracious teacher found an alternative way for her to be involved.  Victoria herself showed strength and grace by cheering on her friends in the 100m race, as she watched from the side lines.

Another act of God's grace that I have reflected on this morning, was Charlotte's performance at the carnival. To our surprise she placed in the 400m and 800m race. I felt God say to me this morning, she has the determination and character to go the distance, to run the race of life and run it well. What peace that bought to my heart. His grace really is sufficient for us all!

As for my tears, there was only one moment in the day when I felt the tears well up, whilst talking to one of the beautiful caring school mums. And that was it! I was so thankful that I could maintain a smile for the entire day!

 
These photos are taken from the VIP night at the Newcastle Show last Thursday. The children had a great time on the rides. Marshall enjoyed the more daring rides, whilst the girls enjoyed honing their driving skills.


Although, I am not sure in Alexandra was totally confident in Charlotte's driving ability!

 
What a difference it makes not having to go up to the hospital for treatment this week. We have almost had a doctor/medical visit free week, but not quite!
 
Victoria's legs have been troubling her, so we did go to see the physiotherapist on Tuesday. Victoria's right leg is still tighter than her left leg (although less tight than in January, Praise God), making walking sometimes difficult. She has been unable to wear the right leg night boot due to this stiffness. The physiotherapist made a new night boot for her right leg with less of a stretch than the previous one. Victoria has worn the boot successfully for 2 nights now.
 
I feel for her as I see her wriggling in bed with both boots on, trying to get comfortable. And I wonder, how much more will she have to endure?

Prayer points
 
1. Thank you to God for his amazing grace

2. Please pray that Victoria's leg muscles will continue to stretch and that she will walk using her entire right foot, not just on tippee toes.


For anyone who is interested, I have been re-reading a little book (37 pages) called 'Good Grief' by Granger E. Westberg. I have found it explains the stages of grief very simply. And if you are grieving something, it helps you to know that what you are feeling at a particular point in time is 'normal'.
 
 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wendy, I'm so pleased I have found your blog - it's just beautiful. Your faith and faithfulness is astounding, and your love and dedication to your beautiful children is so precious. Thankyou for sharing your life with me, and thankyou for the encouragement I received from you just now as I read your most recent post. Take care, as you are most certainly in your loving Father's care.
xxxBec

Anonymous said...

Great to hear how well Charlotte went in her races, no surprises there, send her my congratulations....Also great to hear how well Victoria went being involved and helpful on such a big exciting day.....They look like they had a great time on all the rides....Glad to hear you guys all had a mostly medical free week. Go mum, Wendy, for doing such a great job on the sports carnival day your love and dedication are infinite and your strength of character admirable.....
Lots of Love, Auntie Michelle.....