Friday, March 29, 2013

29 March 2013

This past week has been a time of reflection. Prior to Victoria's diagnosis I didn't think much about Heaven. I lived gladly with the knowledge, that accepting Jesus as my Lord and Saviour meant, among other things, I had the assurance that Heaven is where I will spend eternity.
 
Since Victoria's diagnosis, at various times, thoughts of Heaven have been at the forefront of my mind. It is not that I don't believe that God can perform miracles, I do believe that. But I also know that God is sovereign.
 
I don't want our children to fear death. I want them to know that Heaven is a beautiful place where everything is perfect. To help them with that understanding, I have bought the book Heaven is for real for kids and have read it with our eldest child. He has an enquiring mind and is now listening to the audio book of the full version.
 
One of the things we know for sure about our life as a Christian is that Heaven is our destination at some point in time. I don't want our children to be afraid of that truth.
 

Victoria was able to have chemotherapy this week. No infections, all good. We had a session with the occupational therapist who has given us exercises to start training Victoria to scan to the left when moving around. Next week is a week off treatment.
 
On a completely different note, for anyone who enjoys contemporary worship, here is a song that for me is like stepping into a refreshing shower, You Revive Me, sung by Christy Nockels, from the White Flag album by Passion. I can highly recommend sitting quietly and letting the words flow over you into your heart. Let Jesus revive you this Easter weekend.
 
 

No comments: