Sunday, April 28, 2013

28th April 2013

We continue to thank God for the news we received last week. Victoria looks and is so well, despite the weekly chemotherapy regime.
 
This week I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone, especially our extended families who have supported us tremendously since Victoria was first diagnosed in January 2011.  Our parents and siblings have given so much to us in so many ways. Without them we would be in a very different 'place' than we are today. They have shown us unconditional love and grace as our emotions have roller-coasted. We thank God for the blessing they are to us.
 
 
Victoria has once again been given the opportunity to do Hippotherapy at the Riding for the Disabled centre at Raymond Terrace. Victoria had an assessment there last Tuesday, and afterwards we had a picnic in the sensory garden. Alexandra enjoyed the tea cups in the garden.
 
 
Victoria's attendance at the weekly sessions is contingent on her platelet levels being high enough. This will be determined by the blood tests she has for chemotherapy each week. We pray that she will be able to attend each of the 7 sessions.
 
God has taught me and continues to teach me many things on this journey.  One big concept I am only starting to get a handle on is that God really does have it all under control. I say it, I write it, I believe it - sometimes. But "sometimes" is not enough. I need to believe it "all the time". 
 
I am claiming this truth from Genesis 15v1 over our lives, "After these things the word of [Jehovah] came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward."
 
To this end, I have written a chronological list of the promises and scriptures God has given me personally since I became a Christian in 1996, and a list of the significant events where God has been evident in my life. I have pasted this list into the beginning of my journal, so whenever that ugly fear rises up, I will turn to it and remind myself of the promises God has given me, and that God my shield is there protecting me and my family.
 
Now, on a lighter note, a question - what do you do when you child is hungry and thirst and can't have anything to eat or drink because they are waiting to have a general anaesthetic and MRI?
 
Answer: give them your camera to play with......
 
 
... all is good, waiting, waiting ...
 
 
... now Mummy's getting tired of waiting ....
 
 
... so she has a nap.
 

I think all that waiting is one of the reasons' Mummies get bravery beads too!
 
 

No comments: